All Embassy visitors and their personal belongings must pass through airport-style security screening before entering the building. These lists are not all inclusive and security officials reserve the right to deny entry of items determined to be unsafe or a threat to security.
- Cellphones, computers, and other electronic devices
- Media devices such as CD’s, thumb drives, SD cards, headphones, speakers, etc.
- Cameras or video equipment
- Lighters and matches
- Weapons or any item which can be used as a weapon
- Knives, scissors, and other sharp objects
- Purses and bags larger than 18” x 18”
- Liquids, gels, aerosols, oils, lotions, makeup, or powder
Declare medical devices before security screening.
- Small quantities of baby formula, baby food, milk
- Small quantities of diapers
- Traditional watches (note that Smart watches and FitBits are not permitted)
- Non-liquid medication
- Baby carriers and baby strollers that can be folded small enough to pass through an x-ray machine.