Lost or Stolen Passport

In the event that your passport is lost or stolen, first report the theft to the local police in order to get a police report.  Along with the police report, you will need proof of citizenship and a government issued photo ID.

Emergency circumstances include serious illness, death of an immediate family member, or previously scheduled return travel to the U.S. after a passport has been lost or stolen.  Such passports will be limited in validity, and cannot be extended.  You will be asked to provide proof of your emergency.

You need to make an appointment with the American Citizen Services Unit go on ACS Online Appointment system. On your appointment day, please bring the following:

  • Completed form form DS-11, the passport application (do not sign the application).
  • Completed form DS-64, the report of a lost or stolen passport.
  • A local police report, from a police station in Haiti.
  • Proof of identity (any other ID, driver’s license, etc.)
  • Any identification available to prove your citizenship, for example:  previous passport, naturalization certificate and copy, certificate of citizenship.  If available, bring a copy of the lost or stolen passport.
  • Application fee $ 135.00 USD for an adult and $105.00 USD for a minor (U.S. dollars or Haitian gourdes).

Please remember that the law requires the consent of both parents on all passport applications for minor children under the age of 16, or documentation of sole custody.