If you are traveling within the next 10 business days you must schedule an appointment at the Embassy to apply for an emergency limited-validity passport in person. To schedule an appointment please contact us via telephone at 509-2229-8900 or by email via email@example.com Monday to Friday between 7:00AM to 3:00PM.
The Embassy will only offer emergency walk-in services under the following conditions:
- Your passport was lost, stolen, damaged, or mutilated AND you have travel plans within the next week;
- Your request is due to a sudden, unexpected occurrence or relates to an unexpected event, such as a death in the family or a medical problem;
- You are traveling within the next 5 days.
Same-day issuance is available for applications that are complete and straightforward. In some cases, however, we may be required to refer to the Department of State; therefore, some cases may take longer.
You will need to bring the following items with you or your application will be delayed.
Please note: police reports are required to replace lost or stolen passports.
- Current Passport (if you have it);
- Passport Application Form is available using the online passport wizard. Be sure to answer all questions accurately as any mistakes may result in a delay. Print one-sided pages only.** DO NOT SIGN.
- Photo: two current U.S. standard size passport photograph for biometric passports.
- Payment: credit card, debit card or cash (dollars or gourdes) to pay the passport fee: $110 for adult passport renewals and $135 if your passport was lost, stolen, damaged, or mutilated;
If applying for minors under age 16, please refer to this website page.
Replacing an Emergency Passport for a Full-Validity Passport
Within One Year of Issuance of the Emergency Passport applicant must submit:
- The Form DS-5504, U.S. Passport Re-Application,
- The Emergency passport for cancelation, and
- Two new photographs.
No additional fees are required.