Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.
The American Citizen Unit (ACS) can perform the following notarial services for U.S. Citizens and Haitian Nationals:
- Oath or Affidavit: An oath or affidavit is a written statement or declaration sworn to or affirmed before a Consular Officer. You will need to provide ACS with valid photo identification for this service.
- Acknowledgment: An Acknowledgment is a Consular Officer’s declaration that you have appeared before him, bearing a document, which you freely signed and understood. You must sign the document in front of the Consular Officer. ACS cannot help you to fill out or understand the document. Acknowledgments are used on things like deeds, mortgages, contracts for sale of land, and powers of attorney. Some acknowledgments may require signatures of witnesses. It is your responsibility to secure the presence of the witnesses. You and all of your witnesses will need valid photo IDs.
- Certification of True Copies: A Certified True Copy is the certification of a copy of a document as a true and correct duplicate “word for word and figure for figure.”
- Authentication of Signatures: An Authentication is a verification of the signature of a notary public or a local government official on a document. Authentication can only be done in regard to those notaries or officials whose signatures are on file at the ACS Unit. If a notary or government official is not on file with ACS, the signature can be authenticated by the Director of Judicial Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. ACS will then authenticate the Director’s signature. Please see the list of signatures (PDF 159 KB) currently on file at ACS.
- Statement of Consent: Issuance of US Passport to a Minor (Forms DS-3053) . Please print form from this link and bring your Form DS-3053 with the TOP section completed and NOT signed. Also bring your valid photo identification. There’s no fee for this service.
- Notarization $50 or the equivalent in Haitian gourdes
- Certified copy $50 or the equivalent in Haitian gourdes
- Authentication $50 or the equivalent in Haitian gourdes
- Consent form (ds-3053): $0.00. This service is free of charge.
Please schedule an appointment through the American Citizen Services Appointment system. Remember not to bring any electronic devices such as cell phones, cameras, computers, ipods, ipads, MP3, etc. into the Embassy compound.