- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Information for Travelers
- Information on Obtaining A Permis De Sejour
- Obtaining A Work Permit
- Information On Obtaining An Exit Visa
- Register Your Trip with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program is a free service that allows U.S. citizens traveling or living abroad to receive the latest security updates from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
Benefits of enrolling in STEP:
- You’ll receive the latest safety and security information for your destination country, so you can make informed decisions about your travel.
- The information you provide enables the U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
When you enroll in STEP, you will receive current information about your destination country, including:
- Alerts from the U.S. Embassy about safety and security situations.
- Updates to the country’s Travel Advisory.
- Messages about U.S. embassy events and services, such as town hall meetings, voting information, federal benefits, and U.S. citizens’ legal obligations (taxes, selective service registration, etc.).
Set up one account, and then add trips later for all your future travel plans!
Enrolling in STEP will help the U.S. embassy contact you and provide assistance during an emergency overseas. And, if your family or friends in the U.S. are having difficulty contacting you with urgent news while you’re traveling, we can use the information in STEP to try and reach you.
Check here for a list of ways to receive safety and security information from the U.S. Department of State.
Your Privacy Is Paramount
The U.S. Department of State is committed to ensuring that any personal information received by our overseas U.S. embassies and consulates via the STEP process, whether in person or otherwise, is safeguarded against unauthorized disclosure. The data that you provide the U.S. Department of State is subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act (5 USC 552a). This means that the U.S. Department of State will not disclose the information you provide us in your STEP application to any third parties unless you have given us written authorization to do so, or unless the disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act. For additional information, please see the Department of State’s website.