Obtaining A Work Permit

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

The following information is provided to U.S. citizens who may be considering working in Haiti. The Embassy believes this information is accurate as of the date of printing, but experience has shown that Haitian Immigration requirements and procedures are often subject to variation and/or change without notice.

Every person who travels with a non-Haitian travel document and who intends to work in Haiti is required to obtain a Work Permit.  This includes missionaries, teachers, businessmen, retirees and students.

American Citizens who would like to work in Haiti need to apply for a Haitian work permit at the Ministry of Social Affairs (Ministère des Affaires Sociales) located at Avenue Charles Sumner (old Culligan building), Port-au-Prince, Haiti.  Tel:  509-2519-0042/ 509-2940-0928.