Emergency Financial Assistance


Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Wiring Money Directly: You or your family, friends, or associates, may wire money directly to a U.S. citizen abroad by contacting Western Union, MoneyGram, or other similar commercial money transfer services with offices overseas.  There are money transfer cost comparison tools online to help you identify your best option.  The person receiving the money will need to present proof of identity, such as a passport.


For information on services the Department of State provides to destitute U.S. citizens in need of financial assistance, please refer to this website page on Emergency Financial Assistance for U.S. Citizens Abroad.

 In case of emergency, please contact the American Citizen Services office as soon as possible so that we may provide you with assistance. Contact information:

Tel:  509-2229-8000

Email: acspap@state.gov

Afterhours Emergencies:

Note:  These numbers are not to be used for visa inquiries.