Additional Resources for U.S. Citizens

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

The United States Government has no higher responsibility than to serve and protect its citizens, including those who reside or are temporarily abroad. The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit provides prompt, courteous, and efficient services to United States Citizens and other clients, consistent with U.S. laws and regulations.

The ACS Unit in Port-au-Prince, Haiti provides a wide range of services to American citizens traveling or residing in Haiti, including:

U.S. citizens in Port-au-Prince are, of course, subject to Haitian laws and procedures.

Although the US Embassy does not have a Social security office, its ACS personnel serves as intermediate between you and the Social security Administration.

If you are going to be in Port-au-Prince for any length of time, please register to receive emergency e-mail notifications. Any information you give us is completely confidential and will only be released when authorized by you to do so.

Older American Citizens Outreach (50 and Plus)

Older Americans are one of the fastest-growing segments of the U.S. citizen community overseas.  We are interested in making sure that we adequately address your needs and concerns.  We would like to let you know that the services listed above are also available to you. If there are other services needed, or if you have any other non-visa concern or matter, please do not hesitate to contact us..

Please remember to register your presence in the country via the online registration system.  You might also be interested in our FAQs for the Elderly (PDF 53 KB).