The Department of State has no higher priority than the safety and security of U.S. citizens overseas. The President of Haiti announced a number of measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Haiti, including that its borders, ports, and airports will be closed and commercial flights will be suspended starting at midnight March 20, 2020.
U.S. citizens should:
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor the relevant Embassy’s website for the most up-to-date information: https://ht.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
- Enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive the latest updates from the Embassy
- For emergencies involving U.S. citizens, please call +509-2229-8900 or email email@example.com. For after hours emergencies, please call +509-2229-8122
- Follow the advice of the CDC and local health authorities that you can find at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Monitor the Department of State’s COVID-19 website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html