Subject: Message for U.S. Citizens: Overseas Voting (August 14, 2020)
The November 3rd General Election is rapidly approaching. We would like to ensure that every U.S. citizen in Haiti is able to exercise their right to vote.
How to get an Absentee Ballot
Please allow 2-3 weeks for absentee ballot delivery. If you request an absentee ballot and do not receive it, you can still vote absentee by completing a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB). FWABs are available on-line at https://www.fvap.gov/fwab-privacy-notice or from the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the Embassy. If you need additional assistance, call (509) 2229 8000 or emailVotePortAuPrince@state.gov.
How to send your Absentee Ballot
- After you complete your ballot, seal and address it. Your ballot should be addressed to the state elections office, which is indicated on the instructions page attached to your ballot.
- There are three options for mailing absentee ballots:
- a)Drop your ballot in the Embassy’s Official Ballot Drop Box. The box is located at the Consular entrance by the green and white striped tent during normal business hours, Monday-Friday from 7 am – 3:30 p.m.Upon entering the Consular Entrance, you will be directed to the voting station.
- b)Mail the ballot via international mail or courier service.
- c)Hand carry by a trusted friend, colleague, or family member and mail in the United States.
There is no postage necessary if you drop your ballot at the Embassy. Standard postage/courier service fees apply if you choose to use U.S. or international mail.
When to send your Absentee Ballot
Given mail shipment schedules, the recommended vote-by date for Haiti is October 13, 2020, to ensure your ballot is received by Election Day. However, individual state requirements may differ. Please check the deadline based on your state.
Please review the COVID-19 information on the FVAP website.
If you have any questions about registering to vote overseas, please contact U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince’s Voting Assistance Officer at +509 2229 8000 or email us at VotePortAuPrince@state.gov.