The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens of roadblocks and burning tires on Route Frere. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid the area.
- Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Haiti Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Haiti, located at Tabarre 41, Boulevard du 15 Octobre, Tabarre, Haiti; telephone 509-2229-8000; after-hours emergency telephone 509-2229-8000; ACS unit fax 509-2229-8027; e-mail ; website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
If your contact information has changed or you are no longer in Haiti, please update your STEP account as the Embassy cannot do it for you