Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Event: Due to continuing demonstrations, roadblocks, and violence across Port-au-Prince and throughout Haiti, U.S. citizens should continue to shelter in place. Do not travel to the airport unless you confirmed your flight is departing. Flights are cancelled today and the airport has limited food and water available.
Telecommunications services, including Internet and phone lines, have been affected throughout Haiti. It may be difficult to reach people through normal communication methods.
U.S. Embassy personnel are still under a shelter-in-place order. The embassy will continue to monitor the situation.
The U.S. Embassy will be closed for routine services Monday July 9. Non-emergency appointments will be rescheduled for a later date. The Embassy remains open for emergency U.S. citizen services.
Actions to take:
– Shelter in place. Do not attempt to travel at this time.
– Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
– Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
– If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
— Let family and friends know if you are safe.
– State Department – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 from the United States or 1-202-501-4444 internationally
– Follow us on Facebook and Twitter at @TravelGov