Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (March 29, 2019)
Location: Petionville, passing by neighborhood Roche.
Events: Demonstration with about 250 people.
Location: Avenue Maïs Gaté in the area of Carradeux.
Location: Rue Marcadieu at Delmas 40 B by the Catholic School towards Bourdon.
Event: Broken road.
Location: Oswald Durand and Rue St. Honoré intersection.
Event: Burning tires.
Location: Delmas 18.
Event: Ongoing demonstration. The demonstrators are expected to follow the following itinerary: Champs de Mars (Place Papa Dessalines) – Rue Capois- Lalue- Lamarre- Sanfil-Carrefour Paillant – Delmas 18 – Autoroute de Delmas 60-Bourdon-Avenue John Brown -Alix Roi Bois -Verna- Champs de mars (place papa Dessalines). Teams of HNP/UDMO and CIMO were deployed to the scenes.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Emergencies: +509-2229-8000
- Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Website: https://ht.usembassy.gov/
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
- 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
- 1-202-501-4444from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter