Location: Port-au-Prince Metropolitan Area, West Department
Events: Since September 2, the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince has observed increased violent gang and kidnapping activity throughout the Port-au-Prince metropolitan area. Affected areas include but are not limited to: the vicinity of Carrefour Drouillard, Airport Road, Lower Delmas, Santo, Torcelle, downtown/Champs-de-Mars, as well as greater Croix-des-Bouquets, La Saline, Cite Soleil, Carrefour, and Martissant. The U.S. Embassy has further restricted its staff from non-official travel in the aforementioned areas. Please remain vigilant and avoid all unnecessary travel in the listed areas at this time.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks;
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area; and
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter