Location: Throughout the Port au Prince region, including but not limited to Petionville, Peggyville, Pelerin/Kenscoff, Bourdon, Lalue, Delmas, Croix des Missions and Airport Road.
Events: Widespread protests are anticipated. Demonstrations by several of the groups intending to participate in today’s activities have turned violent in the past.
All personal travel for U.S. Embassy personnel is restricted to the embassy and between housing compounds.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks, and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter