Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (October 10, 2019)
Location: Port-au-Prince and throughout Haiti.
Events: The opposition has announced in local media plans for protest demonstrations during the period October 11 through 17, including in the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy on Monday, October 14 and Tuesday, October 15. During this period, movements of U.S. Embassy personnel will be restricted to home to work, between the two residential U.S. Embassy compounds and the Chancery.
Actions to take:
- Review your personal security plans;
- Monitor local media for updates;
- Notify friends and family of your safety;
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444from other countries