Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (October 27, 2019)
Location: Port-au-Prince and throughout Haiti.
Events: Local media have announced protests in Port-au-Prince and throughout the country for October 28, 29, and 30th. Personal travel for U.S. Embassy personnel is limited to home to work and between the two residential compounds. Consular services will be limited to emergency services for American citizens on October 28.
Actions to take:
· Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
· Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
· If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
· U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444from other countries
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates