Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (October 17, 2021)
Events: There are reports of a general transportation strike planned for Monday, October 18, 2021. Additionally, there are some groups calling for demonstrations on Monday as well. Please avoid unnecessary travel and remain vigilant as civil actions such as these, while largely peaceful, can be unpredictable.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstration and crowds;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks – if you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area; and
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter