Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (November 18, 2018)
- In the Port-au-Prince area: Petionville, Peguyville, Delmas, Panamerican, La Saline, Cite Soleil, Nazon, Sans Fil, Bel-Air, Champ-de-Mars, Carrefour Aeroport, Bourdon (including Avenue John Brown), Panamerican, Canape Vert.
- Outside of capital: Port-de-Paix, Les Cayes, Cap Haitien, Hinche, Gonaives, Jeremie, Mirebalais, Jacmel, Miragoane, Saint-Marc.
- Protests, roadblocks, burning tires/trucks/tree branches, possible gunfire.
- The Embassy is still requiring its American employees to shelter in place until further notice. Pending further changes, the Embassy plans to announce a delayed opening (10 a.m., Monday, November 19).
- American employees continue to be prohibited from traveling within Haiti beyond a 15-mile radius of the Embassy without prior Chief of Mission approval.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas.
- Do not attempt to drive through barricades or protests.
- Avoid large gatherings of people.