Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (November 21, 2018)
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- The Consular Section remains open for emergency American Citizen Services (ACS).
- For Friday, November 23, Consular has cancelled all routine ACS, immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments. Please note the Embassy will be closed on Thursday, November 22 for an official holiday. To reschedule an ACS appointment, visit our website at https://ht.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/ (top right hand corner: Make an Appointment). To reschedule an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa appointment, please call 509-2812-2929 (Haiti) or 1-703-544-7842 (U.S.), or email support-Haiti@ustraveldocs.com.
- American employees may only make essential movements around Port-au-Prince. They also continue to be prohibited from traveling within Haiti beyond a 15-mile radius of the Embassy without prior Chief of Mission approval.
Actions to Take:
- Do not attempt to drive through barricades or protests.
- Avoid large gatherings of people.
- Contact your family to keep them informed of your welfare and whereabouts.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter