Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (November 23, 2018)
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- The Consular Section remains open for emergency American Citizen Services (ACS). For Monday, November 26, we will attend to ACS customers who have an already-scheduled passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or notary service. To reschedule an ACS appointment, visit our website at https://ht.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/ (top right hand corner: Make an Appointment).
- For Monday, November 26, Consular has cancelled all immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments. To reschedule an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa appointment, please call 509-2812-2929 (Haiti) or 1-703-544-7842 (U.S.), or email support-Haiti@ustraveldocs.com.
- American employees may only make essential movements around Port-au-Prince. Employees are prohibited from traveling within Haiti beyond a 5-mile radius of the Embassy without prior Chief of Mission approval.
Actions to Take:
- Do not attempt to drive through barricades or protests.
- Avoid large gatherings of people.
- Contact your family to keep them informed of your welfare and whereabouts.