Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (February 10, 2019)
- Gerald Bataille (Barricades and trash blocking to road)
- Caradeux near Aristide University (Roadblocks)
- Delmas 31 (Rock throwing in the area of St Patrick)
- Avenue John Brown (Ongoing demonstration)
- Bel-Air (Ongoing demonstration)
- Bon Repos (Ongoing demonstration)
- Kenscoff Road (Burning barricades)
- Carrefour Feuilles (Ongoing demonstratrion)
- Morne Cabrit on the National Road #3 (Barricades and burning tires)
- Carrefour (Ongoing demonstratrion)
Events: Reports of gunfire and roadblocks/burning barricades continue to come in. There remains a lot of debris in the streets and protests are continuing into today by small and violent groups.
Shelter in place remains in effect for U.S. Embassy personnel.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- State Department – Consular Affairs