Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (February 8, 2019)
- Christ Roi
- Sans Fil area to Delmas 18
- Delmas 31
- Delmas 33
- Delmas 95
- Carrefour Duvivier
- Route de Freres near Hospital Communaute haitienne
- Juvenat on Canape Vert road and on Ave. Lamartiniere
- Cabaret (Rt. National 1)
- Miragoane (Rt. National 2)
- Gonaives (Rt. National 1)
- Petite Riviere de L’Artibonite
- Carrefour Samarie in Cap Haitien
- Route Lamandou and Avenue Baranquilla in Jacmel
- Les Cayes
Events: Reports of roadblocks, protests, and gunfire in the aforementioned areas.
Reports of roadblocks and burning barricades keep coming in, and the security situation is extremely fluid. HNP is responding and we are not seeing large scale protests, but small groups are continuing to disrupt traffic and block roadways. Police activity is underway in Martissant where there is heavy gunfire being reported, closing off Rt. National 2. Gunfire is being heard in Juvenat on Canape Vert Road and on Ave. Lamartiniere.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.