Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Events: Protests are ongoing throughout the Port au Prince region, including but not limited to, Downtown – Champs de Mars, Carrefour Aeroport, and Petionville – Rue Lambert. Please remain vigilant as large gatherings of this sort, while largely peaceful, can become unpredictable. Please avoid unnecessary travel in this area at this time. The U.S. Embassy will restrict non-official travel of its direct-hire U.S. citizen staff to the immediate Embassy neighborhood.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter