Events: The group known as Fantom 509 is active throughout Port-au-Prince today, Monday March 15. This group is known for its violent actions. Presently they have been spotted in Delmas, Petionville, Juvenat, and Canape Vert, but have demonstrated the ability to change locations rapidly. The U.S. Embassy will restrict non-official travel of its direct-hire U.S. citizen staff to the immediate Embassy neighborhood.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter