Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (March 13, 2022)
Event: Haitian police are conducting a police operation, with the potential for gunshots, for an unknown length of time, in the Tabarre area near Belmart and La Fouchette restaurant. As a result, all U.S. Embassy personnel are restricted from traveling to Belmart and La Fouchette until further notice.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area.
- Use extreme caution while traveling in the country.
- When driving, make sure your car doors are locked and windows up.
- If possible, avoid driving at night.
- Avoid visiting establishments after dark without secure, on-site parking.
- Be alert to your surroundings, and pay attention to people approaching your car while stopped in traffic.
- Avoid public displays of wealth (nice car, jewelry, smartphones).
- U.S. Embassy Port au Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter