Location: Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
Events:There are ongoing reports of kidnappings, gang activity, and continued police operations in the Laboule 12 neighborhood (located between Petionville and Kenscoff). The U.S. Embassy will continue to restrict non-official travel of its direct-hire U.S. citizen staff from traveling beyond Petionville on Route de Kenscoff. Staff has been reminded to limit all travel to the Tabarre area only, effective at sunset each day. Additionally, staff have been reminded of the Government of Haiti’s country-wide curfew from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., due to COVID-19.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter