Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (June 20, 2022)
Event: Due to heavy shooting and burning tire barricades in the area of Belmart, the Executive Villas (EV) Hotel, and in the ED1 area of Tabarre, travel for U.S. Embassy personnel is restricted between the Embassy and residential housing compounds only, until further notice.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area.
- Use extreme caution while traveling in the country.
- When driving, make sure your car doors are locked and windows up.
- If possible, avoid driving at night.
- Avoid visiting establishments after dark without secure, on-site parking.
- Be alert to your surroundings, and pay attention to people approaching your car while stopped in traffic.
- Avoid public displays of wealth (nice car, jewelry, smartphones).
- U.S. Embassy Port au Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter