Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (June 24, 2019)
Location: Various areas within Port au Prince
Events: Reports of violent protests activity in the Champ des Mars area near the palace. Protesters are throwing rocks at schools and clashing with police. Other protesters are throwing rock at vehicles from the overpass of Rt de Delmas and Nazon/Airport Road.
Roadblock at Bon Repos on the way to Route 9.
Roadblock and burning tires at Carradeux ( West Department).
Burning tires in the area of Sans-Fil.
Burning tires at Nazon and on Avenue Martin Luther King.
Burning tires at rue Saint Martin at Delmas 2.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
- Emergencies: +509-2229-8000
- Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://ht.usembassy.gov/
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
- 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
- 1-202-501-4444from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter