Hurricane Season Alert – U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (June 4, 2019)
Location: Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico.
Event: Hurricane Season in the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, and theGulf of Mexico began June 1 and ends on November 30, 2019, though most tropical cyclones typically develop between May and October. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in hurricane-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
· Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Centerfor the 2019 Hurricane forecast.
· Visit the Department of State’stropical storm season page.
· U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
· Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates