Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Event: The Embassy is aware flights are arriving to Port-au-Prince’s international airport. We continue to advise U.S. citizens to shelter in place at this time. If you do decide to leave your residence or hotel to travel to the airport, please exercise extreme caution. There are disruptions and roadblocks along both Routes National 1 and 2 entering into Port-au-Prince. Do not drive through roadblocks. Only go to the airport if you have a confirmed seat on a flight. Flights out of Haiti are currently overbooked. Expect large crowds and delays at the airport. Bring adequate food, water and other supplies.
Actions to Take:
- Contact your family to keep them informed of your welfare and whereabouts.
- Shelter in place.
- Exercise extreme caution if you decide to leave your residence or hotel.
- Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- Do not seek shelter at the U.S. Embassy.
- Monitor our Haiti page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747international or 202-501-4444from the United States or Canada.
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, 011-509-2229-8000, email@example.com