Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Event: Please be advised that on July 9, 2018, the U.S. government authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. government personnel and their families. Voluntary departure means that Embassy employees and their families are permitted to leave post temporarily, and will be allowed to return at a later date. American and local personnel remain working at the Embassy.
For those Embassy employees who remain in Haiti, they have been instructed to continue to shelter in place.
Please review the latest travel advisory for Haiti athttps://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Haiti.html.
The U.S. Embassy will be closed for routine services on Tuesday, July 10. Non-emergency appointments will be rescheduled for a later date. For routine U.S. citizen services, please write email@example.com to request a new appointment date/time. To reschedule your visa appointment, please call 509-2812-2929 (Haiti) or 1-703-544-7842 (U.S.) The Embassy remains open for emergency U.S. citizen services.
Actions to take:
- Contact your family to keep them informed of your welfare and whereabouts.
- Shelter in place.
- Exercise extreme caution if you decide to leave your residence or hotel.
- Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- Do not seek shelter at the U.S. Embassy.