Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (July 27, 2021)
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Events: There is a planned demonstration and march through multiple areas of Port-au-Prince tomorrow, July 28, 2021. Demonstrators are expected to assemble at 10:00 a.m. at the Place de la Constitution in downtown Port-au-Prince. From there, the anticipated route will run through Lalue to Avenue Martin Luther King, Route de Delmas in Nazon, Delmas 33, Gerald Bataille, Carrefour Fleuriot, Blvd 15 Octobre in Tabarre and culminate with a gathering outside the Embassy. Please remain vigilant as large gatherings of this sort, while largely peaceful, can become unpredictable. Please avoid unnecessary travel in the above listed areas tomorrow. The Consular Section will close to the public at 11:00 a.m.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Make contingency plans to leave the country.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter