Event: Embassy employees’ movements are restricted within Port-au-Prince and elsewhere in Haiti at this time. Embassy personnel are prohibited from traveling in their personal vehicles. All Embassy staff movements must be approved by the security office in advance.
On July 9, the U.S. government authorized the voluntary departure of non-emergency U.S. government personnel and their families. Accordingly, Embassy employees and their families have been departing from Port-au-Prince’s international airport.
The U.S. Embassy in Haiti continues to be open for routine and emergency American Citizen Services. Individuals who have missed their appointment should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new appointment.
The Embassy remains closed for nonimmigrant and immigrant visa services. To reschedule your visa appointment, please call 509-2812-2929 (Haiti) or 1-703-544-7842 (U.S.)
The Travel Advisory for Haiti is currently Level 4 (Do Not Travel to Haiti). Please review the latest travel advisory, as well as country specific information.
Actions to take:
- Contact your family to keep them informed of your welfare and whereabouts.
- Exercise extreme caution if you decide to leave your residence or hotel.
- Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- Do not seek shelter at the U.S. Embassy.