Location: In front of the U.S. Embassy,
Events: There are reports that groups have called for demonstrations culminating in front of the Embassy on Wednesday, August 14, 2019. There is no announced start time for the demonstrations, however, recent similar demonstrations typically began at midday. A protest near the Embassy may make entry to and exit from the Embassy at that time difficult; please plan accordingly.
The Embassy has requested increased Haitian National Police presence around the Embassy as a precautionary measure. We will issue updated information as necessary.
Actions to take:
- Be aware of planned demonstrations; consider limiting travel to and from the Embassy during this time;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter