Events: There are ongoing police anti-gang operations that involve gunfire in the Les-Palmes, Torcelle, and Vivy Mitchell areas, all well south of Ave Mais Gate. Although ongoing police operations that involve gunfire are currently well south of the Embassy area, these operations are unpredictable, as a result U.S. Embassy personnel are restricted to travel only between the U.S. Embassy compounds until further notice.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter