Events: Several transport and textile unions have called for a national strike on Monday, October 4, 2021. Please avoid unnecessary travel and remain vigilant as civil actions of this sort, while largely peaceful, can become unpredictable.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstration and crowds;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks – if you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area; and
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter