Location: Port-au-Prince Metropolitan Area
Events: There is a planned demonstration outside the U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince on Sunday, September 26th starting at 10:00 am. The proposed demonstration is expected to start at the Place Constitution (Champs de Mers) and continue through Lalue, Ave Martin Luther King, Viaduct (Carrefour airport), Delmas main road, Delmas 33, Gerald Bataille, Carrefour Fleuriot, and conclude at the U.S. Embassy in Tabarre. There are additional possible demonstrations planned for Tuesday, September 28th and Thursday, September 30th. Please remain vigilant and avoid all unnecessary travel in the listed areas.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter