Events: Civil society groups organized a demonstration for Wednesday, September 8 to begin at 10:00 am at Carrefour Aeroport, and proceed along the following route: Nazon, Avenue Martin Luther King, Bois-Verna, and Avenue Charles Sumner (in front of the Ministry of Justice), ending at Place Constitution in Champs-de-Mars. Please avoid unnecessary travel in the aforementioned areas and remain vigilant as large gatherings of this sort, while largely peaceful, can become unpredictable.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks;
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area; and
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter