Location: Throughout Haiti
Event: The Embassy will be closed tomorrow, July 8th, 2021. As per our earlier message to U.S. citizens, the Consular Section will continue to monitor the situation to ensure the safety of U.S. citizens in Haiti and will inform you as appropriate.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Make contingency plans to leave the country.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter