Location: Throughout Haiti
Event: The Embassy of the United States in Haiti reminds U.S. citizens of the Level Four Travel Advisory for Haiti (“do not travel”). Given the reopening of airports to commercial flights, we strongly encourage those U.S. citizens who are in country to avail themselves of the opportunity to depart Haiti, especially if they feel at risk or threatened in any way. The Consular Section is resuming limited services starting Monday, July 12th. If you have an emergency, please refer to our website for information regarding how to obtain appointments or contact us.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Make contingency plans to leave the country.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter