Events: Political opposition groups intend to demonstrate throughout Port-au-Prince on May 1, 2021. Additionally, one opposition group has announced seven days of protests from May 1 to May 7 throughout Port-au-Prince. Please remain vigilant as large gatherings of this sort, while largely peaceful, can become unpredictable.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries