(March 22, 2021)
Events: The criminal organization known as Fantom 509 is currently active in the Delmas and Petionville areas of Port-au-Prince. This group is known for its violent actions and its ability to relocate quickly, we encourage you to limit non-essential travel in these areas. The U.S. Embassy will restrict non-official travel of its direct-hire U.S. citizen staff to the immediate Embassy neighborhood.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates