(March 17, 2021)
Events: There are reports of planned protests and roadblocks throughout Port au Prince today, March 17. Many roadblocks have already been established, and the U.S. Embassy has restricted non-official travel of its direct-hire U.S. citizen staff to the immediate Embassy neighborhood. Please avoid unnecessary travel in this area at this time.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter