Location: Port au Prince, Haiti
Events: There are planned protests in Port au Prince today, Sunday, February 14. Areas affected may include but are not limited to, Bois Verna/Rue Capois, Bourdon/Petionville Rue Panamericaine, Juvenat/BINUH offices, Delmas/Delmas 60, Carrefour Aeroport and Canape Vert. Protests, even ones with peaceful intentions, are highly unpredictable. Please exercise caution if you are driving today and consider avoiding these areas entirely.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries