Events: Reports that opposition groups will demonstrate throughout Port-au-Prince this Sunday, September 20, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Travel for U.S. Embassy personnel is restricted to the Tabarre area only beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday morning.
The demonstration is expected to begin at the Champs de Mars Place Dessalines, and travel through Rue Capois, Lalue, Avenue Martin Luther King, Nazon, Carrefour Aeroport, Route de Delmas, Delmas 32, Bourdon, Avenue John Brown, Bois Verna, Rue Christophe, Rue Magny and end at Champs de Mars, Place Constitution. However, protest activity is often dynamic and can change locations with little warning. Please remain attentive for additional security alerts throughout the day.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter