Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti (September 12, 2020)
Events: Violent protests are occurring throughout Port-au-Prince and have the potential to spread and/or arise unexpectedly. Please avoid unnecessary travel within Port-au-Prince at this time. Travel for U.S. Embassy employees is restricted to Tabarre and employees are advised to avoid all travel until further notice.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks;
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter