Location: Petionville Area
Events: There is a call for a planned peaceful protest beginning at approximately 10:00 a.m. Friday, July 3, 2020. The protest route is scheduled to begin at Place St. Pierre in Petionville and head towards the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), located on Avenue Charles Sumner in the downtown area, for a sit-in outside the facility.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Haiti Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter