Location: Near the Carrefour Aeroport overpass
Events: Reports of shots being fired in the air. Individuals dressed up as Haitian National Police and civilians are stopping vehicles, taking away keys, and burning barricades near the Carefour Aeroport overpass.
Location: Avenue Charles Sumner near the Ministry of Social Affairs
Events: Reports of Haitian National Police launching teargas at protesters.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area;
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
- Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
- If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
- U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates