Location: U.N. Headquarters near the Toussaint Louverture Airport in Port au Prince, elsewhere in the capital, and in other locations throughout Haiti
Events: As has been publicly announced in local media, opposition protesters plan to gather at the U.N. headquarters in Port-au-Prince, near the airport on Friday, October 4, 2019. Protests are also planned throughout the city, as well as in other locations in Haiti.
Actions to take:
· If you having a flight departing from the Toussaint Louverture airport on Friday, October 4, consider arriving at the airport well in advance of your flight, before planned protests begin;
· Avoid the area;
· Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
· Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
· If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
· U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: email@example.com
· Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444from other countries
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates